Hydrogen Project Engineer Reports to: Hydrogen Technical and Programme Manager
Hydrogen Commercial Advisor
Reports to: Hydrogen Economics and Commercial Manager
Based out of London office with virtual working acceptable for 2 days/ week. Frequent UK travel expected, at least once per month to Aberdeen Storegga office or site locations.
Main Purpose of Position:
Storegga is a decarbonisation company, with a portfolio comprising Carbon Capture, Storage and Hydrogen projects. Storegga’s Hydrogen Business Unit is developing a low-carbon hydrogen projects across the UK and is planning to produce its first hydrogen from the Cromarty Green Hydrogen project in 2026 and Speyside Hydrogen in 2027, supported by the UK Government’s hydrogen production business model. Storegga is deploying a regional hydrogen hub model, underpinned by strong customer demand, and is also developing opportunities to export hydrogen and hydrogen derivatives to other markets.
Storegga is expanding the commercial team at the forefront of the development of this critical new industry. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Commercial Advisor to work within the hydrogen business unit in support of the delivery of our green hydrogen projects portfolio across the UK. The individual should have a minimum of 5 years experience in a commercial role. We welcome applicants from a broad range of backgrounds and no prior knowledge of the hydrogen sector is needed. Valuable experience would include one or more of the following: power sale, purchase and trading, provision of utilities, energy transportation (e.g. pipelines or roadhaul) and/ or experience in working in joint venture partnerships.
This is an exciting role for someone looking to grow and develop their career in this exciting new sector and will provide ample opportunity for high levels of responsibility and creative thinking as well as exposure to growing a new business in an emerging sector.
This position will report into the Hydrogen Economics and Commercial Manager and initially be focused on the delivery of the Speyside Green Hydrogen project, targeting a final investment decision in 2025. This role is based out of Storegga’s London office with up to 2days/ week virtual working.
Supporting the development of the commercial framework for green hydrogen projects including joint venture structures, power and water supply agreements, hydrogen distribution solutions, land option agreements, hydrogen sales and purchase agreements and integration with government subsidy arrangements.
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating (or supporting the negotiation of) commercial agreement terms and conditions.
- Maintaining a strong working understanding of UK hydrogen business model contract terms and conditions. Support bid applications, due diligence and negotiation of hydrogen allocation rounds.
- Maintain strong understanding of project value drivers and risks and identify opportunities for risk mitigation or increasing project value.
- Support project financing activities for specific green hydrogen projects, including liaison with project financing advisors.
- Contribute to the development of the Hydrogen Business Unit Strategy and Plan. Maintain good understanding of competitor landscape and evolution of hydrogen sector both in the UK and globally.
- Work closely with the Hydrogen and wider Corporate Communications Teams in the management of key stakeholder relationships including creating and maintaining close relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years commercial contracts experience, with prior responsibility or exposure to the drafting, negotiation and/or management of key agreements.
- Experience in the energy or utilities sector. Will consider individuals with previous experience in one of more of the following: power sale and purchase and/or trading, provision of utilities (e.g. water), energy transportation (e.g. pipelines or roadhaul) and/ or experience in working in joint venture partnerships.
- Experience of working closely with technical disciplines to embed project and operating requirements into key agreements.
- Experience of managing and building relationships with external partners/ stakeholders and ideally working within a joint venture environment.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Always act Safely and demand others to do the same.
- Team player. Enjoys working collaboratively and in partnership with others.
- Curious about the external environment and the energy transition. Takes responsibility for keeping up to date with latest industry trends and shares with the wider team.
- Take responsibility for problems and proactively develops solutions.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com