Onshore Environment Consents Manager
If you want to join a company at the forefront of carbon storage and want to be part of the solution then we are looking for an Onshore Environment Consents Manager. Working alongside the Head of Projects HSE, your responsibilities will include ensuring that we have the correct permits, consents and that we comply with all the appropriate regulations.
You will also be representing both projects and Storegga to external stakeholders who have regulatory interests, are technical stakeholders and most importantly the public. We are looking for someone who has technical ability, and is confident and comfortable in public forum answering questions from stakeholders and the general public.
Aberdeen (ideally) / Edinburgh
- Environmental leadership and a focal point for subject matter expertise and advice to projects across the Storegga portfolio
- Delivery of project HSE requirements; primarily permits, consents and regulatory compliance
- Fronting representation of projects and company to external stakeholders (primarily regulatory, technical stakeholders and public)
- Integrated member of project teams to effectively identify and manage both environmental compliance and technical HSE matters
- Manage and work with the HSE supply chain to execute contracts and ensure timely delivery of projects permits and consents requirements
- Lead regulatory, technical stakeholder and statutory public engagement in support of permit & consent applications across projects
- Support identification and delivery of ESG objectives and targets for projects
- Maintain thorough understanding of relevant regulations and best practice for emerging net zero technologies, e.g. CCS, hydrogen, DAC
- Represent Storegga on relevant industrial / academic working groups
- 15+ years experience
- Experience and knowledge of environmental legislation and compliance requirements
- Track record of delivering onshore planning and consents for major capital projects within the UK. International project experience desirable.
- Understanding of project level HSE & PLANC requirements from concept select phase through to operations.
- Experience of planning and delivering public consultation events
- Desirable – experience or understanding of emerging energy transition regulations and projects, e.g. CCS, hydrogen.
- Desirable - working in major capital energy project delivery team(s) – e.g. oil/gas, renewable energy, waste, petrochemicals.
- Desirable – ESG and lifecycle emissions compliance
- Strong engagement and written communication skills
- Mastery of Scottish/UK onshore (specifically) permitting, licence and consents requirements
- Leadership and listening
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Energy sector familiarity
- Growing HSE network across industry and within regulators
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills to new and emerging technologies and sectors
- Desirable – understanding of wider HSE requirements for project delivery
- Degree/Higher degree qualification in relevant environmental discipline
- (Internal) Business Leads, Project/Development Managers, other Functional Heads
- JV Partners
- Key external stakeholders
- Contractors – small consultancies to global EPC organisations
- International NV organisations (eg IOCs, NOCs, Utilities, etc)
- Flexible and adaptable to support the wide range of needs of a fast growing company / emerging energy sectors
- Passion for the Energy Transition
- Motivated individual who is also a strong team player
- Pragmatic and solutions driven
- Positive and enthusiastic outlook
- Environmentally driven
- Inquisitive and willing to learn
- Initiative driven
We are an independent, UK-based decarbonisation development business, dedicated to reducing and removing the harmful impacts of CO2 in our atmosphere. We develop early-stage carbon capture and storage and hydrogen projects in the UK and internationally to contribute to achieving net zero targets.
We are unable to sponsor UK work visas and will accept applications only directly from candidates.
To register your interest in this role, please click the "Apply Now" button below.